Friday, December 13, 2013

The Secret Of My Success & How I Deal With Area Boys – Actress, Mercy Aigbe

Mercy Aigbe-Gentry is one actress that has no doubt paid her dues in the industry and in an interview she talks about the secret of her success. 
The beautiful mother of one attributes her success to the grace of God, hard work and at times being favored. According to her "I believe that acting is the talent God gave me,
so I stood upon that Word, so I put my God before everything I do, then also hard work, professionalism and discipline, I can say they are the things I’m doing to get to where I’m going to. But what’s actually taking me to where I’m going to, I can say categorically is the grace of God Almighty"

How do you feel when people meet you and gush that they are so happy to meet you?

I feel really loved because that means they appreciate what you do, for people to want to talk to you when they see you, for them to wave at you and all that. I feel blessed and loved because I know the work I’m doing is being appreciated.

In the same vein, do area boys accost you for money?

Of course they do. I think that is their own way of showing that they are your fans. And anytime they see you, they are like ‘Ah! E fun wa lowo’ which means you should give them money.

And when they request, what do you do?

At times, I give them and at times I don’t. It depends on my mood actually. And it depends on the way they talk to me.

What is the highest amount you've ever given them?

I can’t say an amount in particular. I just give them as my mood dictates.



The Nation

No comments: