Tuesday, February 11, 2014

How Bola Tinubu’s Daughter Forced Us To Register for APC —Lagos Trader

Lagos - One of the victims of the forced registration policy of the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has cried out over their ordeal and condemned the development. Lagos trader Funke Tega Phillips wrote on her Facebook wall:
“I have a shop at Iponri Market in Lagos. On Saturday the Iyaloja General (Tinubu’s daughter) came with a legion of RRS policemen to lock the market up. Our crime was that she invited the Market Committee Association for a meeting with her and they refused to attend so she
locked up the market to show us who is boss. Anyway, a lot of us went to her residence yesterday in Alausa to plead with her to open the market, she told us to return on Thursday and said we MUST all bring our APC registration slips when coming.

“Now, I registered on the second day the registration started. Not because I was forced but because I chose to. I resent the fact that she made it seem like it was compulsory. How does party registration translate to votes I keep asking? Abi, is it not closed ballot we do in Nigeria again? The whole thing annoyed me to no end...”

•Photo shows Tinubu’s daughter, Folashade, the all-powerful Iyaloja General (Market Leader) of Lagos.

No comments: